Popular Poker Pro Looking for Investor

file4741238088930Many times, poker pros will offer an opportunity for investors to stake them during game play. This is a common occurrence, especially during popular tournament series such as the World Series of Poker. Greg Raymer is a poker pro who rose to fame back in 2004 when he won the WSOP Main Event. The pro found great success but now is asking for investors to help with the 2014 season.

According to a post at TwoPlusTwo, Raymer is accepting investments for his tournament game play. It is usually common for players to offer shares for one tournament or a schedule of tournaments but Raymer is looking for something a bit different. The poker pro wants to gain investors who will basically fund his bankroll. Investors will be providing cash for both cash games and tournaments during 2014.

Raymer has proposed a deal which would see investors purchasing a bankroll percentage. Shares are currently begin sold by Raymer at $1,000 and would like to raise $100,000. Raymer has listed a system that would give the pro 40% of the total profit above the $100,000 by the end of the year. Investors would then split the remaining 60% based on the number of shares purchased. Investors would also lose equally based on this number if Raymer has an unsuccessful season.

The pro is claiming that he has a winning track record for the past twenty one years in cash game and tournament play. However, he has not been sponsored by a poker site since 2011. The pro is hoping to make the investment deal work so he can get back in the game. He is also apparently being pressured by his wife, who is nervous about his continuing his poker career. It will be interesting to see how many investors Raymer is able to earn as well as if he has a successful season.